To Whom Should I Be? - Poem by Mwalimu LAKHPIN








I solitarily exult day after day
Wishing to stay alone with myself
Watching over my own stances
Learning and practicing by myself
Away from all people’s sight.

To whom would I be if I avoid you?
I would be a forsaken, evited smirker
Of the neglected and praised doubts
Making a walk of a deft chancer
Living like a decayed fantasy.

I would be ruined in every aspect
None ignoring me but fleeing
Chances setting me into mortification
Being a nakba and a useless ado
Like a dust when it starts raining.

I would be a grime that lost decency
Rejected by every chanted provenance,
I would really be piling wastes
Demented melting than sugar
All woes dwelling within me.

I could be none if you withstand
Even if I bequeathed a richly affluence
I would be severely lone without you
And I would lose your unique host
Slimming in a fatal hunger.

God’s and heaven’s?
Pray hard and invent a gait?
Hate worldly belongings but seize them?
Make myself a castaway at my home?
Can’t render lies alike.

I feel I would be relieved if I die
Away from this worldly troubles
Free from the confinement of days
And the weariness locking me into craving,
Lissing in a superb fortune.

I feel that I lose nothing if I went
Especially if I leave a child
So that my name should remain
And pride it where I head
That I had deference where I was.

Mind themselves all my people
Be liars and those who don’t
Too much tears would vex them
Even though I’d not be watching
That I’m gone when needed badly.

It’s that I wouldn’t still breathe
I would tell all of them to cease
And inquire a speech if it’s hard
And ask them to come if that so,
But I’m kidding none would come.

My heart cries every single beat
Because of a colleen that perturbed me
Even if I pretend careless that I may move on
My betrayed dreams keep beating my brain
The chagrin keeps scaling at my sight.

Being anonymous where I’m known
And not deserving my merits
Meeting none even where I get
Seeing things that weren’t willing
Hunt by many beliefs I should adopt.

I would go that mystery that you fear
That makes you wander up and down
One that fears accountability
One that followers thrive from a word,
The one that keeps quiet when we suffer.

Frankly, I only look up to you
I know all of you as influencers
I will chase those who misspeak you
Collect and throw them away
And cast them into cache.

I’ll stay here where I belong
Such that dislikes daylight is a devil.
Leaving home and die where I don’t know?
May that be unspokenly fought
Want it or not, I’ll be here long.

Whether you diminish or buffet me
Whether you forslow or hasten me
Can’t upbraid you, things on their time
I know we’re all together;
Introverted pal you intimately consider.



No comments:

Post a Comment