Cage Of All Time - Poem by Mwalimu LAKHPIN












Sometimes I forget who I am
Trying to get along with myself
Yet every morning I wake up
Recalling all my deepest sorrows
And the darkest days of my days.

I truly wish I can be more than me
I chase dreams like everyone does
I pretend that I’m a whole person
That I can sharply hide my oppressions
Lying about me but never to myself.

The insane part is who I really am
In regards to whom I once was
Such guy who endured the past
I know nothing about him, frankly
But all I see is just me and I.

No matter how hard I try to change
My personality never ceases to haunt me
My mind has become a fit to society
But they only see the one I once was,
A good berk of the decades.

I’m in a war that nobody else realizes
Due to the innermost battlefield
And I’m confused like nobody else
To the extent that my merits rot
No clue on who to really showcase.

Time change, years come and go
Cloned, still dreaming same stances
Solitude is still my only bliss
Talking to none but the lone man in me
Weighing just how much we’ve spoken.

No matter how determined I try
My luck keeps running against me
My mind urges to keep moving
That I will get nowhere anyway
That I deserve nothing but starve.

No matter how bothersome I get
The fact remains my key reminder
That I’m a forlorn loser for life
That I’m a genius in our inner life
That I’m a lesson to the worlds.

No matter how deep I behold
I’m still carrying the same load
No matter how on I can move
I’m still in the same practices
Same place and same tears.

Dreams about dreaming
With endless worries for myself
That someday I would live
And forget that I never lived
Then abruptly die with no trace.

No comments:

Post a Comment