Me, Myself and I - Poem by Mwalimu LAKHPIN









Hey! I’m just me because it’s me
Of course, my me died longtime ago
To only become me
And will be me until you me me
Not only that I’m me, I’m just not you!

I only prove myself to just me
And there is no other me in the world
Than me, myself and I
Because I’m the only one me
And I am so because of me.

But I failed against me forever
Loving overgone beyond my ken
Surrendered my me to hers
Loved much to forget myself
Betrayed my me for an affection.

Now that I’m an awaken berk
My senses are back to myself
Expectant of nothing but solitude
Hurt than I could’ve suspected
Trying to heal but still a failure.

I sold my liberty for a hug
I betrayed my talents for a kiss
I forsook me in a love sentence
For a great hope that ruined me
With a death drown in promises.

I gained too much of nothing
Acquainted with a dearest misery
Thus solitude embraced me to realize
That I lost both me and myself,
Happiness, mind, dreams, everything.

I died and I truly know I’m dead
To the extent that my inner self
Wish we could’ve died all the years back
Because it aches knowing every day
That you won’t be none to ones you cherish.

Those unspoken truths flowing inside
That sorrow that nobody thinks of
Such shame life has ever brought
The empathy of a broken heart
That pushes impossible tears.

Just myself and I to this extent
Understand the pain of unmet memories
The lullabies that we never heard
Me, Myself and I, indeed buddies to exist
Shrewd of trusts and self-abnegation.

It’s myself and I having read the worlds
Crying to amuse, silencing to conquer
A so deceiving life of colleens
Just to embrace a cage of poetics
That ever heals and never rehearse.

With an immense roll of self-intent,
Me, myself and I, lone undeceiving triplets;
We never tell until we tell
To convince our friend Solitude
Who is aye an everlasting haven.

Me, Myself and I know the hell out here:
Just me, myself and I love each other
For an allure of our inner motives
Of unaltered dreams that long
Dwelling in our triumphal serenity.



No comments:

Post a Comment